The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) examination is one of the most sought-after recruitment exams in India, conducted by the Indian government to recruit eligible candidates for various non-gazette posts in the departments of the central government. The examination is held annually and attracts a large number of applicants who aspire to secure a stable and secure career in the government sector. In this article, we will discuss the job profiles offered through SSC CHSL, their duties, responsibilities, and other relevant details.
1. (LDC)/ (JSA)
these are entry-level positions in government departments, and their primary role is to maintain records, type documents, and perform various office-related tasks.
- Maintaining files and records in the office
- Drafting and typing official correspondence
- Receiving and dispatching letters and other official communications
- Preparation of reports, statements, and other documents
- Carrying out clerical work, such as photocopying, faxing, and filing
- Performing other routine office tasks as assigned by the senior staff
LDC/JSA is a great opportunity for candidates who have a strong grasp of English, good typing speed, and basic computer knowledge. The salary offered to LDC/JSA varies from one department to another, but it usually starts from INR 19,000 and can go up to INR 25,000, along with other benefits and allowances.
2. Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA)
Postal Assistant (PA) and Sorting Assistant (SA) are responsible for sorting and delivering mail, handling money orders and registered letters, and performing other postal-related tasks.
- Sorting and delivering mail and parcels
- Handling money orders and registered letters
- Operating computer systems to process mail and manage records
- Issuing receipts and handling customer inquiries
- Performing various other postal-related tasks as assigned
PA/SA is an ideal job for candidates who are physically fit and have an interest in postal and courier services. The salary offered to PA/SA ranges from INR 25,000 to INR 35,000, along with other benefits and allowances.
3. Data Entry Operator (DEO)
The Data Entry Operator (DEO) is responsible for data entry and management in various computer applications and software.
- Entering information into PC frameworks precisely and effectively
- Verifying and correcting entered data as required
- Maintaining accurate records of data entered
- Responding to requests for data and information
- Carrying out other computer-related tasks as assigned
DEO is an ideal job for candidates who have a strong typing speed, basic computer knowledge, and an eye for detail. The salary offered to DEO ranges from INR 25,000 to INR 35,000, along with other benefits and allowances.
4. Court Clerk
The Court Clerk is responsible for maintaining court records and performing various administrative tasks in the court.
- Maintaining case files and records
- Drafting court documents, such as subpoenas and motions
- Assisting the judge and other court staff in various tasks
- Taking and transcribing notes during court proceedings
- Maintaining and updating court schedules and calendars